15 November 2019

When Your Writing Service Needs Help Itself, Who You Gonna Call? Ghostbusters! The Writing Guru From Manila



I saw the Facebook post of Antonio G Moran on "Best Dissertation Writing Services UK – Dissertation Help" and my comment was, "Will write about it." AGM's reply was, "I thought you would say: I am already doing it, ha ha." And my reply was, "Wait for my article!" And Jann Fernando Reyes said, "This will be #Fun."

AGM's Facebook link leads to the one you see on my screengrab above, which I made in Manila at 0550 hours Friday, 15 November 2019[1].  If by now you see a sea change, they must have read me, or noticed after I noticed! Now, I ask you:

What do you notice of the notice above?!

The advert is from a group in the UK, meaning British; I am a Filipino and English is only my 3rd language, after Ilocano and Tagalog (Filipino). Oh, and I am 79 going on 80; English was taught in Grade 1 when I was that high – and my favorite reading material in high school was the very American Reader's Digest.

I saw it at once. You cannot hide from this practiced eye of 45 years in technical editing of papers, not to mention incessant blogging since 14 years ago. I also worked as a copywriter for the Pacifica Publicity Bureau of Tony Zorilla in Makati City in the mid-70s. These eyes were made for seeing!

Hands up? Give up? Look below, in the footnote[2].

My advice to Dissertation Advisor is: Go get an Advertisement Advisor! Me, an independent contractor. My email address is frankahilario@gmail.com.

That's helping the helpers. Now, I want to help the students write their BS thesis, MS thesis, or PhD dissertation.

I am what they call an Author's Editor.

Contrary to the advert of Dissertation Advisor, I will help you write your manuscript – not write it for you. In my more than half a century of writing my articles and editing those of others, including many BS, MS and PhD manuscripts, I have written only 1 – it was a PhD dissertation, and I wrote 97% of it; that was for a non-Filipino. And what grade did it get from the adviser? A perfect 1! In the University of the Philippines, that is Excellent. That's how good I am, but I never did it again; I am not going to do it again.

So, I have been advertising myself as an Author's Editor – read my essay, "The Only Way To Learn To Write Is To Write. The Best Way To  Become A Good Writer Is To Learn From The Best![3]"

The best from you is yet to be!

You have to learn to read more, and more, and more. You have to surf the Web more and more. You have to climb that knowledge staircase of published manuscripts, etc, before you can emerge triumphant at the top.

A teacher, I teach independence!@517








[1] https://dissertationadvisors.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR00l8U1TIrTnEkJDc25q997jp5xygusTsiwOMO2x_Di1pZb-djbZofpq-0
[2]"It's true, our dissertation price stats from £18.00 a page" is incorrect! It should read, "... price starts from..."
[3] https://iparadigmshifts.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-only-way-to-learn-to-write-is-to.html

No comments:

Post a Comment