22 August 2019

Reality Check: When You Cannot See The Sunrise Because Of The Clouds!

My photograph is 9 years old, dated 18 September 2010, taken with a Casio Ex-S5; the image of smiling William Dar is from Inquirer.Net, when he was younger. Now, tell me, dear reader: Is my shot that of a Sunrise or a Sunset?

First, allow me to make it a teacher's piece:

Don't judge a book by its cover – don't judge a photograph by its looks.

That is a lesson in outlook, which is exactly the message that Rene Pamintuan, via a Facebook sharing of Ted Mendoza, is giving us, without realizing it. What follows is Mr Pamintuan's full comments in 226 words and only 1 paragraph, as is:

My yesterday's meeting with DA officers provided me another perspective of our problems. While they agreed that AGRI INDUSTRIALIZATION is necessary, as espoused by you Sir William Dar, they also mentioned that their view is that POST HARVEST, PACKING AND PROCESSING FACILITIES are not their responsibility, but that of DOST and DTI. No wonder all these years we could not move forward towards agri industrialization, always stymied when the prospect of packing and processing facilities for farmers is discussed. It never moved forward. I think the DA need a new perspective, and the officers and staff should be redirected towards developing the Marketing Direction rather than just FIELD AND FARM OPERATIONS. The BPI itself has rules and regulations on the operations of Packing and Processing Plants for phytosanitary clearances. But the DA bureaucracy seemed mired in mere FARM AND FIELD OPERATIONS. The irony is palpable, and has caused the bureaucracy NOT TO DEVELOP THE NEEDED PACKING/PROCESSING PLANTS AT THE LEVEL OF THE FARMER. This requires a new approach, fresh thinking, and RURAL DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVES that DA can contribute to all these. PACKING PROCESSING FACILITIES WITH COLD STORAGE are simple aspects of developmental works in agriculture that the Thais and Viets have been providing their own farmers for decades, allowing them EXPORT CAPABILITIES that our own Filipino farmers have not been capable now of doing. No wonder.

In only 1 paragraph, Mr Pamintuan dismisses everything that Mr Dar, the new Secretary of Agriculture, has been saying in print and online, including on Facebook, in which Mr Pamintuan has a page.

Without doing research, I will say my photograph is that of a beautiful sunset; but, clicking on the digital file, I see that of a beautiful sunrise – the digital data tells me I took it on 18 September 2009 early morning at 06:36:56 and not late afternoon, not 18:36:56. I have to open the folder before I open my mouth!

Mr Pamintuan, if you did your research well and not incompletely, you would have learned that upon assumption of office, Mr Dar broadcast to all of DA the 8 paradigms that make up his "New Thinking for Agriculture" (see my essay, "Secretary William Dar Starts To Map The Chaos Of PH Agriculture," 15 August 2019, Creativity Works! icreativityworks.blogspot.com) – and industrialization of agriculture is listed #2.

Yes, Mr Pamintuan, with Mr Dar, it's a sunrise, not a sunset!@517

No comments:

Post a Comment