17 September 2019

79 at 17 September 2019, Thank You Lord! Reader, Here's My Birthday Gift To You


God, how about 120 at 17 September 2060? You promised Man, Genesis 6:3, remember? And Adam lived at least to 130 years, Genesis 5:3, remember? Just kidding. 100 would be nice.

Seriously now, why my gift of an ebook Paradigms Lost, Paradigms Regained to people? To captivate with and cultivate:

(1) Inclusive development via modern PH Agriculture led by Secretary of Agriculture William Dar/Manong Willie, a proven outstanding international science manager – think ICRISAT!

(2) Creative thinking leading to creative writing among Filipinos, in the world of science – think master mind Edward de Bono!

(3) Creative journalism for development – think THiNK. True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary, Kind. Think Zig Ziglar!

Yes, I have been offering my ebook for free for 2 weeks now: "Because we are richer when we share" – BrightVibes, on Facebook.

In the meantime, allow me to praise myself: I can write & edit articles, desktop publish journals, books for you.

Yes, I am a one-man band, Mixed genius, now digital.

Typewriter-based:
1975, I began working for the Forest Research Institute, FORI, founding & editing the monthly newsletter Canopy, quarterly technical journal Sylvatrop, and quarterly color magazine Habitat– and they made FORI respected here and abroad.

Computer-based:
2003, I started being Editor in Chief of the Philippine Journal of Crop Science, PJCS, already 3 years late in its issues. In 2006, PJCS became up-to-date, meaning I worked double-timeas editor, copyreader, and layout artist (desktop publisher). In my hands in 2007, PJCS became ISI. World-class. World record.

Yes, I am creative standing, sitting, lying – not lying when I say that! I have blogged at least 5,000 essays of 1,000 words minimum each with a proper Beginning, Middle and End.

I thank the Lord I am even faster thinking creatively at my age, faster writing creatively – and on the digital platform!

Now, let's talk about my birthday gift to you – my latest ebook (image above shows the cover). All 267 pages of it, all professionally laid out by me, each of the 79 chapters selected from 279 short essays of exactly 517 words each that I wrote from 07 April to 10 September this year, an average of 13 essays a month. Why 79? Age. Why 517? Frank A Hilario.

79, I swear that those short bursts of genius are ideal for creative writing. And that's the other reason why I produced Paradigms Lost, Paradigms Regained – to show anyone how to write creatively on a difficult subject like science and science management. I am a self-declared disciple of Manong Willie and his "Eight Paradigms" embedded within his "The New Thinking for Agriculture" that he has come up with to guide the Philippines in rebooting its economy by modernizing agriculture in terms of technologies and systems with both national and local management components – and with the active participation of the private sector.

I have written that book, as I always write, with wit and worldly advice. My birthday gift to you!

After midnight today, you will have to pay US$17/P900/copy. Email me now! frankahilario@gmail.com@517

No comments:

Post a Comment